Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are always available to assist you with our services.
Spiti Summer Expedition – treacherous road conditions and arid landscapes, will give you the ultimate adventure thrill!
With Outlander Treks, cover the Himachal Tribal Circuit and uncover enigmatic ranges, donned with tiny hamlets and serene monasteries sitting precariously on mountain crags spread across its notched moonscape.
Spiti is an Himalayan Desert mountain valley situated in North – Eastern part of Himachal Pradesh.
Embark on this journey with Outlander Treks!
• You reach Shimla from Delhi by a Volvo Semi Sleeper Bus / Tempo Traveller.
• Behold yourself for the most strenuous drive today as the roads will be curvy and stony, once been called the most dangerous roads on the planet.
• We will visit Reckong Peo (administrative capital of Kinnaur) and Kalpa.
• Enjoy the mighty views of the Holy Kinner Kailash from Kalpa, visit suicide point, Roghi village.
• Overnight stay at Kalpa.
• After having breakfast, we will head towards Nako, where you can click some pictures of the mesmerizing crystal clear Nako Lake.
Nako, the east end of Kinnaur Valley have some of the oldest monasteries.
• Guru Padmasambhava has his footprints on a rock near Nako lake and is revered by Buddhists all around the world.
• Overnight stay at Guest House in Nako.
• After breakfast, We will visit Tabo.
• Tabo Monastery is more than a 1000 years old and is also called as Ajanta of Himalayas due to it’s great murals and paintings.
• The landscape, the building and the ancient architecture of the Buddhist is simply spell binding. Be ready to click a lot of pictures if you are a connoisseur of Arts and Architecture.
• We will visit Dhankar monastery which was also the ancient capital of Spiti. Sumdo checkpost from where the International Border of Tibet (Formally Republic of China) is merely 12 kilometers away.
• Say hello to Mummy in Gue village! Gue village, which is famous for the Lama Mummy that was found here after an earthquake in
• Overnight stay in Kaza.
• The next morning, wake up to see one of the best morning ever.
• Don’t forget to charge your cameras as after breakfast we will head towards one of the most famous Buddhist Monastery (Kye Monastery), which is surely a sight to see and remember all your life.
• Next we will visit kibber, the highest Motorable village in the world , surrounded by picturesque mountains, barren landscape. Our next stop is Chicham bridge or Kibber Chicham bridge which is Asia’s highest bridge.
• Next we will head towards Langza, which is a small scenic village about 18 km from Kaza at an altitude of 14500 feet. A big statue of Buddha overlooks the entire valley, which is thousand years old.
• When we get down at Langza, kids and woman come around with pieces of rocks hiding in their palms. They are fossils which are found in these mountains.
• After a short uphill drive from Langza, we will reach the village of Hikkim. An absolutely must do thing while in Hikkim is to walk down to the post office and send a postcard, because it’s not everyday that you get to send a postcard from the highest post office in the world.
• Our next village, Komic is one of the highest villages in the valley. Very few people live here. The monastery and temple are of great importance in the Buddhist beliefs of this valley.
• Overnight stay in Kaza.
• After having breakfast ,we will head towards Chandratal, view of snow covered massif in front of us.
• Kaza to Chandratal, this journey is not a smooth one, will take almost 5-6 hours via Kunzum pass.
• Kunzum Pass offers an incredible 360-degree view of Bara- Shigri Glacier (the second longest glacier in the world).
• The journey end up to the camping area near Chandratal lake.The distance between the camping area and the Chandratal Lake is 3km-4km.
• Here comes the moment when you witness the Chandratal the“Moon Lake” at an altitude of 4,300 meters, this lake is the source of Chandra River and its name “Chandra” is believed to be derived from its moon-like shape. Stay there for a bit and explore the nearby hills, if there is time.
• After sometime come back to your camps. Enjoy the starlit night. During the night, the sky lights up with countless stars and is perfect for some excellent night captures, or just sitting ideal looking at the sky and getting wooed by it.
• After breakfast, We will return back to Manali.
• Chandratal to Manali will take you around 6-7 hours with little breaks in Rohtang Pass. Once in Manali, you can soak in the pines and eat good food before looking back at the might Himalayas.
• Check in hotel and freshen up, today we will celebrate the amazing feat as a party awaits for us in Manali. Evening enjoy dance, music and bonfire.
•Overnight stay at Manali.
• Have a late wake-up call and dive in for breakfast.
• Today, the day is leisure. Shop your heart out at famous Mall Road of Manali. In evening, we depart for Delhi from Manali busstand. Time to head back home with tonnes of beautiful memories.
You know what sucks? When you plan a trip with your friends and 3 weeks before scheduled departure, three of them drop out. But you know what’s even worse? When you are that annoying friend who drops out. Don’t be that friend.Unfortunately, if due to unforeseeable circumstances you have no choice but to cancel, we’ll try to understand. In the meanwhile, why don’t you try to understand our cancellation policy? It’s a little like trekking- it’s a little complicated initially, but it’s a cakewalk once you get the hang of it.
The cancellation charges (apart from all the disappointment) ON FULL PAYMENT are as follows :
But if it’s something sudden like strikes, mudslides, earthquakes, crazy rainfall and the like, which is preventing us from conducting the trek, we will be offering you 50% of the total amount as a voucher. It will remain redeemable for the cancelled trek or any other, for the next one year so you will have plenty of time to travel with us again! If you’re planning on cancelling, shoot us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call up at +91-8800705385. The trip itinerary can change slightly according to changing conditions as they are developed on details furnished at the time of planning.
Outlander Treks can change dates, timings or plans according to prevailing conditions. In case there is a delay in the trip or change in the itinerary due to dangerous weather, road situations, transportation lags, health issues, airline timetables, government interference or any reason which cannot be amended or provided for by OT, it is the responsibility of the participant to handle costs and other scheduling details.